Sunday 15 September 2013

Chinese Dragon Dress - Final part (4)

Good Evening Bloggers,

Although I finished this dress a while ago, I have only just had chance to update my blog. It will be a short and sweet one!!

I continued adding fabric pieces to fill out the hanky hem. I then added lengths of lace here and there. I created a 'u shape' with the pale pink piece of lace and secured it with a pink diamante button (purchased in Istanbul). I also added the gold and blue band around the 'v shaped' waist to define the waist and hip shapes.
The detail on the bodice was added next after lots of draping and pinning different decorative trimmings. I eventually decided on a range of trimmings, each with a small amount of gold colour in them, again these are from Istanbul.

 
The area I am the least happy with is the back of the dress. I may well go back to it one day and rethink. I began by hanging a few pieces of fabric 'hanky style'. They looked a little 'lost' and 'flat' so I pulled them into 'u shapes' and secured them under the gold waistband. It reminds me a little of a 'bustle' at the back of the dress.

The shoulder straps are both different pieces of lace and underneath them are bra straps which are adjustable for comfort.








No comments:

Post a Comment