Sunday 27 January 2013

A busy weekend tying up all the loose ends!!

I couldn't wait to start sewing over the textile collage piece I made at +Cas Holmes Textiles  workshop last Thursday. Finally this Saturday I had a little free time with hubby out on his bike and my little boy playing with his cars, the sewing machine was whipped out in a flash and coloured cottons were soon strewn across the dining table!!

I used my embroidery foot to free machine some natural forms into the work. I tried to repeat forms I had already used in the collage, e.g photocopies and drawings of witch hazel and cow slip plants. I tried sewing with two different coloured threads in the needle for the first time and it worked a treat!!



Details of 'Lee'

Finally after much sewing, I decided the piece was complete. As this is a very personal piece for me, having a photo of my brother in as a baby, I framed it and hung it in my bedroom. It looks fantastic. I am very pleased with the final result and I have plenty of ideas for the next one including what I need to do to improve next time!!

3 comments:

  1. welcome to blogspot claire

    looks brilliant

    Cas


    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely piece of work and very special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you This piece will always hold very special memories for me and will be treasured x

      Delete