Tuesday 29 January 2013

Fabrics, fibres and fibre optic!!!!

I intend for this to be a short blog tonight. Having said this, by the time I have waffled on for 10 minutes, I suspect it will be the usual ramblings!!

Fibre optic first - I am so fed up with my broadband failing hundreds of times each week and failing to load pages for what seems like hours on end. Fed up with typing words which don't appear on screen for ages and then when they do, half of them are missing!! Fibre optic broadband signing up was my first port of call today, yes even before I loaded up Facebook!!

Fibres next - well I finally finished what is currently named 'Abstract No4'. It is a silk painting on silk which is intricately machine embroidered and contains many silk fibres. It is advertised for sale at http://www.artistsandillustrators.co.uk/Claire-Barrett-Smith/artwork/30921?return=art-for-sale

The finished piece 'Abstract No 4'
 

Last but not least 'Fabrics'. Today, I have continued to explore the different ways I can combine fabrics with print, photocopied images, drawings and patterned papers. This is following on from the Cas Holmes workshop last week. Here is the beginnings of my mixed media piece, a work in progress with lost more machine embroidery to follow!!





No comments:

Post a Comment