Saturday 26 January 2013

A day off work and lots of sewing to be done

I am so lucky that I don't have to go to work on Monday's. It is such a nice feeling waking up and knowing that I can spend the whole day with my little boy. Lately though, instead of spending the whole day just playing games, I have something else on my mind............when will I get chance to do some sewing.....??

We spent a lovely morning together baking cakes, making a snowman and making play dough cars. After lunch my little boy wanted to 'chill out' and watch his favourite film Disney Pixar's 'Cars' for the two hundred and seventy sixth time. Finally, I had my chance...........


I continued working with the beautiful silk tops which I started yesterday. I then added organza and sparkly netted fabric pieces layering them over contrasting coloured silk painted areas. I find this layering of translucent fabrics adds a lot of depth and mystery to my work. I free machine embroidered around the fabric pieces and stitched patterns on them in contrasting silk thread.
Just as I started the contemplate the piece visually (for the hundredth time today) and began considering it (almost) finished, my husband walked through the door with a gorgeous set of new silk paints for me. What a lovely man!!

Oh well, work for the next couple of days and a much awaited workshop with the amazing Cas Holmes on my next day off, Thursday will mean plenty of time to look at the piece and make some decisions about how to finish it.
Back soon, Claire


No comments:

Post a Comment